Jul 15, 2008

"Caroline Klein" Responds!

Philip R. Klein posted this message today on his Reader Mail page:

From Austin :

Thank You for all the comments and feedback that I have received.  I have chosen not to respond to 'Gus's' letter. I said what I said and you got what you got from it.  I cannot respond to someone who cannot sign there name and then degrade my dad's integrity as well as mine.  Tonight someone very wise told me "People do what they do but their actions are not who they are."  My actions do not define me. My dad's actions do not define who he is.  Gus's actions do not define him. Your actions do not define you. What I wrote came from me. The way I feel. My view from the outside.  My opinion. With that, I hope you all have a wonderful week... I know I will.  :)

Caroline

Any questions about the author can be answered by simply reading - for example a college graduate would presumably know the difference between "there" and "their:"

"I cannot respond to someone who cannot sign there name...."

There are three other obvious grammatical tells from Philip in this purported letter from Caroline, but anyone remotely familiar with Philip's writing will immediately recognize his style:

"What I wrote came from me. The way I feel. My view from the outside.  My opinion."

Exploiting children for the sake of one's vanity is abominable and a mark of poor parenting.

No comments :