Jul 25, 2008

Reading Philip R. Klein's Mail

Philip R. Klein posted new messages on his Reader Mail page, again written by Philip himself:

From Orange County :

"I am not understanding why Nederland needs to spend $100+ million for schools.

Philip frequently has a hard time with the proper use of verbs. Whereas most people would use simple present tense with "I don't understand why...," Philip lapses into present progressive tense in an awkward and clumsy manner.

From Houston :

"When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace Expensive.... So, I took her to a gas station..... And that's how the
Fight started..."

Four of Philip's grammatical tells are in this message - here are two that regular readers will spot immediately. Philip has a hard time with errant capitalization, as in "Expensive."  And how many periods properly go into an ellipsis? Philip typically uses five, six, and in some cases, a whole of line. I have a theory that one can gauge Philip R. Klein's mood by how many periods he Inserts - into an..........ellipsis?

By the way, Philip, whatever happened to this prediction from February:

We hear [sic] at the Review think that Hillary Clinton is the candidate to beat?

Any comment, buddy?

No comments :