Sep 10, 2008

Open Letter To Philip Klein: Those SBA Loans

Dear Philip;

I was checking out the local websites and read the latest posting on Sam The Eagle's site.  Is it really true that you took out another SBA loan in 2006 and used it to pay off a personal debt on your wife's house? 

That's what it looks like to me, but maybe I'm confused - didn't you write in your story entitled "I Want My Check" this week:

We have said it before and will say it again - we live in a nanny world. And in Jefferson County - we live in a place that receives more government checks than gives into the system.

Now that is funny no matter how you look at it - right Nanny?

We here at the Review are looking for a way to get on the check. But we guess it will not work because we like getting up and earning our money - it makes us feel....useful?

If this is true, it seems to me that you're already "on the check." How many SBA loans is that? I've lost track!

Please explain.

Sincerely,

Gus

P.S. You should still do the right thing and publish Hal Ross's response [see below] on your website; that is, unless you're biased and have a reckless disregard for the truth.

No comments :