Mar 9, 2011

Lindsey's Response

After Philip R. Klein libeled (note that's libel, not liable) Lindsey Brackin in his latest editorial on The Southeast Texas Political Review, Lindsey responded. Readers can decide for themselves who "got taken to the woodshed," but I suspect Philip will be eating while standing up for at least a week.
I would like to address some issues with the editorial; it is, as usual, filled with inaccuracies. My name is spelled Lindsey, not Lindsay, and it's Brackin, not Bracken. As much as Philip harps on people getting his own name correct, you'd think he could afford the same respect to those he decides to blast. Also, I am not a poor, starving secretary at an insurance agency in Jasper - I don't even work in Jasper and I'm certainly not a secretary. I would think his crack team of investigators could find that out for themselves.

Now, regarding my "first shot" at PRK- I think anyone with an 8th grader's reading comprehension could clearly tell that advocating the supply of free alcohol to Klein was intended as a joke. Thus, I understand why Philip became confused (he may have been drinking, I'm not sure). His claims of "not being a heavy drinker" are not supported by various photos of him drunk and drinking on both Operation Kleinwatch and The Sam The Eagle Political Review (STEPR).

As far as Klein being a cyber bully, I should think he himself has proved this. He even seems proud of it. Hiring someone to friend me on my Facebook to "read up" on me? No, that's not creepy and weird AT ALL. Using valuable "research teams" in Austin to find out vague personal information on me? That just seems like a misappropriation of funds. I'm sure there are many Private Investigator-related-things that he could use that money for, unless of course, he has already ruined his own credibility by picking internet fights with everyone that disagrees with his ill-written stories. He may not be able to understand my posts due to a personal vocabulary shortage, but at least everything I have ever written complies with basic grammar rules.

Then, there's the issue of Philip attacking a police officer's wife, whose image he plastered on his blog and claimed she had been "making fun of" the Review. Ms. H, as I will call her, had never said one derogatory thing about the Review - her only crime was to friend Operation Kleinwatch's Facebook page and to be married to a police officer whom Klein seems to have a personal issue with. Maybe attorneys didn't contact him regarding that particular instance; I assumed they had since the picture was removed within 24 hours, but maybe he just came to his senses. What I do know is that he has a propensity for trying to make life hell for those that he thinks don't like him.

How do I know he didn't keep archives of his posts? He stated so in his own reader mail:
From Kountze Texas : I was just informed of the article.  I must say it was very interesting... I looked all over trying to find parts 1 & 2.  Did I miss a link somewhere?? I'd REALLY like to read them also! Thanks so much!

Answer :   
They are floating around. We don't keep anything. Check the "Way Back Machine" - they sometimes post us.
I have since noticed that he has begun keeping archives of his posts. Good for him! Unfortunately, he still continues to slander Brent Coon, Nancy Beaulieu, Ron Hobbs, Judge Parker, and anyone else that he thinks will help improve his blog's viewership. And the spelling is "libel", not "liable", but that's besides the point.

And, to threaten me and my employer because I posted my opinion of him, when he keeps afloat by posting his opinions of EVERYONE, is the definition of hypocrisy. In order to bring forth any such lawsuit, he himself would have to have clean hands regarding defamation, and any one of his weekly posts shows that he wastes no time in dragging people's reputations through the mud (or at least trying to). What I do on my time with my First Amendment right to free speech is my business; why would one assume my employer would be concerned with how I spend my free time? I actually just posted back-to-back record months in my field of work, so my participation in free public forums obviously hasn't slowed down my work ethic. Thanks for asking.

All the silly name dropping is just that: silly. I know Ms. Delgado and the Makins very well (Mr. Makin, I'm still waiting on my Just Say No to Searches bumper sticker!). This little ploy to make himself look like the caring, educating father figure trying to set some confused girl on the right path is such a load of crap it makes Michael Jackson's father look like a saint. And then to expect that I would thank him for attacking me for FIVE-MONTH-OLD POSTS? The man lives in a fantasy world where he is allowed to trash everyone on the face of the planet, but he expects no retaliation or rebuttal. As I told him personally in a Facebook correspondence, all this post has done is make it obvious that he can dish it out, but he does not have thick enough skin to take his own medicine.

This is not the dictatorship of Klein; this is a free country where people who put themselves in the public spotlight, whether they deserve to be there or not, should expect opposition and criticism and, yes, even satire and gallows humor. Does Joan Rivers run around suing and threatening everyone that makes fun of her?

There are issues I can agree with him on: The Southeast Texas Regional Planning Commission and the corruption of BISD. But even there I find problems, especially in his anger at how the ATF and Federal government is handling the Kountze Baptist Church fire. If there is evidence that this event is connected to the SETRPC, believe me, the Feds have it, and there is PROBABLY a reason the information is confidential. Unlike some people, they like to gather all their facts before creating a game plan. If the documents he posted were enough to indict people for the church fire, or to even tie them solidly TO the church fire, it would have been done LONG ago.

With the BISD issue, yes, there is something seriously wrong with how Butch Thomas and his board are running the district, but Klein's blatant racism disgusts me. I agree that prejudice plays a role in some of BISD's decisions, but stooping down to that level by commenting "nothing but the best for the childrens!" and such is just as vile as tearing down South Park Middle School- it tears the community apart. He isn't any better than Dr. Thomas, he's just a racist of a different color.

I don't know if his recent loss in court to Operation Kleinwatch and Sam the Eagle is to blame for his current psyche, or if he's going through a rough personal time. Honestly, I don't care. I read his Review for the entertainment factor, not the news factor, and I hope he keeps posting stories so that I can keep commenting on them. It's like a fist fight: you know it's wrong and you need to stop it, but you can't look away.

He is right about one thing, though: I'm not afraid of bullies.
Philip, check your fly: your pants are on fire.

11 comments :

Anonymous said...

Poor Philip...he brought a limp macaroni noodle to a knife fight. Nice response, Lindsey!

Anonymous said...

You go, girl!

Anonymous said...

Would somebody tell Phil that it's Kool-Aid, not Kool-Aide?

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Lindsey! I guess you figured out that Klein is a very sick person.

Anonymous said...

Ouch...Ms. Brackin ate his lunch.

Anonymous said...

Well I guess we know why they call him shit-for-brains around the courthouse these days.

Anonymous said...

Lindsey found out one of Klein's modus operandi. Common MO for Klein is to contact an adversarial and their employer, threaten to sue them under the presumption that their computer may be used to defame him. Klein did this to friends of Facebook site, If The Devil Had A Wife. That is well documented on that facebook site.

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, you can file a complaint with the DPS concerning pee eyes who abuse their privileges.

Anonymous said...

Lucky Liquor in Nederland will be busy tonight.

Anonymous said...

Fat Fil hasn't had much luck with scaring little girls lately.

Dr. Butch said...

once Phil sobers up, he'll realize he just had his ass handed to him ....by a girl.