Mar 19, 2012

PRK: Book Reports and Lobbyists

Philip R. Klein gushes in his latest article on the Southeast Texas Political Review:

And there is a hero on this board and her name is Swati . And folks - this is what we talk about ALL OF THE TIME - IT STARTS WITH ONE HONEST PERSON.

Like Klein, Farhana Swati has a background in the fast food industry as owner of Swati Smoothies, whose corporate tax account with the State of Texas is not in good standing. She was also co-owner and managing director of Pak-Petro, Inc.

She’s also been romantically linked to former County Judge Carl Griffith, ignobly known as the Father of Ford Park and the only politician who ever appeared on Philip’s now-defunct radio show, heard occasionally in Beaumont on the late KOLE-AM when the wind blew from the south.

In the absence of Klein's full disclosure, this background information puts Philip’s sources on another purported "investigation” into the proper perspective:

Swati - who all of our sources and those close to the investigation tell the Review that she may end up being the hero that exposes and prevents one of the biggest attempted cover ups of a government agency in years.

Philip served as Judge Griffith’s rabid attack poodle for years. PRK wrote this shortly before Griffith pushed his boondoggle onto the citizens of Jefferson County without a popular vote:

Carl R. Griffith Jr. - Oh boy. Here is our man...The leader of all leaders (and we are serious about that). The guy has his ticket written and the media loves him.

My question to Klein is this: are you acting as a mouthpiece for a certain lobbyist and consultant? If so, is Farhana campaigning for Ronnie Linden’s seat?

Book Report


Philip hasn’t sent an autographed copy of his new book, Lost at Sea: The Hunt for Patrick McDermott, to either Sam or I. Our attorney, Jeffrey Dorrell, always volunteers for the tough jobs, so here's his review of the first offering from Klein Publishing:
1.0 out of 5 stars I Want Three Hours of My Life Back, March 17, 2012
By Jeffrey L. Dorrell (Houston, Texas) - See all my reviews

This review is from: Lost at Sea: The Hunt for Patrick McDermott (The Klein Files) (Kindle Edition)

I want the three hours of my life back that I wasted slogging through this drivel before I finally shrieked and threw the book out the window. The tedium of the self-gratulating, first-person narrative is matched only by the author's comic-book reasoning and "evidence" so laughable even Senator Joe McCarthy would have been ashamed to use it.

This book reminded me of an episode of "I Love Lucy" in which Lucy Ricardo, convinced she was a brilliant writer, wrote a mystery novel. Ricky was shocked when a publisher approached Lucy to buy her spectacularly bad work. Lucy preened and gloated for a few days until she learned her book was to be used in a professor's textbook on writing skills--in a chapter entitled, "Don't Let This Happen to You." Like Lucy Ricardo, first-time author Philip Klein is apparently clueless about how jejune his book really is.

Hint No. 1: the publisher dropped it like a steaming horse apple, deleted Klein's contact information from its files, and fled into the Australian Outback. The question is: why didn't I?
Philip, the offer is still open: if you send two personally autographed copies to Jeffrey, Sam and I  promise to frequently mention how bad the book is. Furthermore, we promise to spell your name right.

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

I bet Klein thinks Swati is her first name.

Anonymous said...

phil's got 13 stars on that facebook flag and 48 on his website...he'll make it into this century eventually.

Anonymous said...

I TRIED TO LEAVE A COMMENT ON PHILLIP'S FACEBOOK PAGE BUT HE DELETED IT AND KICKED ME OFF.

Lindsey said...

Imagine that... Klein deals with criticism by either attacking the person doing it, or refusing to acknowledge it ever happened. Ever seen an ostrich with it's head in the sand? Yeah...

and Gus, I really needed that LOL, thank you sooo much!!!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Klein I really thought over the years you were either stupid or crazy. I saw you on channel 4. Now I KNOW youre the stupidest person the the county. I told my wife to turn it off. She told me to get up and do it myself.

Anonymous said...

When Klein writes email to himself- is this the same as talking to yourself?

Anonymous said...

From Phillip's song of praise and glory to Ms. Swati- I believe Phillip has a fetish for Muslim women.